- Regulatory Affairs Team Assistant
- Based in Borough/London Bridge with hybrid home working
- c.£28,000 – £30,000
- Pension matched up to 5%
- Life Insurance 4xSalary
- Holiday entitlement 28 days per year, public holidays and Christmas office closure
- Bonus scheme – potential to earn up to 8-10% additional to base salary depending on performance and length of service.
The Portman Group is the social responsibility body and regulator for alcohol labelling, packaging and promotion in the UK. In 1989 we were founded by alcohol producers to help ensure alcohol is marketed in a socially responsible way; they still lead us today and we are accountable to them to ensure that the whole sector is responsible.
We are a unique self-regulatory body, and we need a Regulatory Affairs Team Assistant to join our small team with a big purpose. You will support the Regulatory Affairs Team to ensure that the drinks industry apply the highest standards to their alcohol marketing through the industry’s Codes of Practice.
This is a varied role and you will have exposure to every element of our regulatory function. This is a great opportunity to learn about and be involved with all the functions of an important regulatory body that helps protect consumers and ensures that a major industry behaves responsibly
- You’ll support our Senior Advice and Training Manager by responding accurately and promptly to written requests for advice as well as conducting proactive trademark searches and monitoring product innovations via social media and press channels.
- You will provide high level administrative support to the wider regulatory affairs team including managing the training schedule, processing invoices, training requests and conducting analysis of training evaluation forms.
- You’ll also provide administrative support to the Complaints and Compliance manager with the arrangement of Independent Complaints Panel meetings including logistics, catering, and processing of expenses.
- Finally, you’ll need to be hands on and assist with event organisation and regulatory communications. This is a diverse role that would be ideal for someone looking to gain experience in a regulatory body and has strong organisational skills and exceptional administrative capability.
We believe in supporting the development of new talent. We know that we are a unique organisation so we do not expect you to have alcohol regulation experience. You are most likely to be a graduate with an interest in regulation or someone who may be considering a career change and can demonstrate the transferrable skills we are looking for.
You will have:
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with the ability to write clearly, accurately, concisely and appropriately to all correspondence;
- Strong administrative skills and a high standard of personal organisation with the ability to prioritise work load;
- A willingness to work hard and eagerness to learn;
- Ability to work on own initiative and be self-motivated as well as enthusiasm for being a team player in a very small organisation with a big mission;
- Good work ethic and understanding of the importance of delivering any level of task to a high standard;
- The ability to make sound and consistent judgements on issues of responsible marketing.
What could set you apart:
- Proven experience in successful planning and management of a dynamic workload within a framework of timescales;
- A background in providing strong administrative support and having a can do attitude;
- Competence in use of Microsoft Office and ideally a CRM system.
Now worried that you aren’t the right person – keep reading!
We are motivated to build the very strongest team and hold that success is more likely when there is diversity of thought, opinion and background. We know that candidates are often put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that we work in a post COVID-19 reality and ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable. While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to consider flexible options. So if you are excited about working in our regulatory team and you believe that you can do much of what we are looking for please apply.
How to apply
Download the full job description here.
Please send your CV and a succinct cover note explaining why you are interested to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is Monday 11 July 2022. If we receive a large amount of strong applications we may close the posting early so please apply sooner rather than later.