This is a full 360 degree communications role including media, social media, design and corporate comms. With a great deal of exposure to the CEO, you will be accountable to the Director of External Affairs for ensuring that PG’s web presence and media engagement is professional, engaging and accurate. You will be an exceptional story-teller, able to work with the team and weave imaginative copy for proactive and reactive content. You will find challenge in the needs of demonstrating a balanced position for the Group in a contested environment where precision is essential. You will be engaging and focused on building and maintaining PG’s relationships with trade journalists and work closely with our media agency to secure national coverage.
We believe in supporting the development of new talent. We want to support you to build on your existing responsibility for media communications, social media platforms and website content. You are likely to be a media executive for a consultancy, industry body, charity or corporate seeking a chance to develop a position of authority within the alcohol sector. You are most likely to be a graduate possibly with a communications, journalism or PR qualification, or someone with a body of work that demonstrates your ability.
- Be experienced in media and social media communications, with an understanding of how to appeal to the audience.
- Be an exceptional writer, knowing that you will need a high degree of accuracy and a love of the written word. You will be imaginative, creative and apply this to your copy writing in order to create precise material which people enjoy reading.
- Likely have experience of managing, or inputting, into digital media programmes and experienced in managing core corporate platforms.
- Likely have experience managing web content and be capable of managing WordPress and other common web tools.
- Become immersed in the sector and have the personal presence to engage with journalists and PR/comms colleagues in the industry.
- Have enthusiasm for being a team player in a small organisation having strong self-motivation to take the initiative to drive the web presence and media agenda.
- CIPR/PRCA or other recognised industry qualification.
- Knowledge of the drinks industry and of policies and practices concerned with the social aspects of alcohol. An existing network among health and business journalists would be an exceptional advantage.
Now worried that you aren’t the right person – keep reading
We are motivated to build the very strongest team and hold that success is more likely when there is diversity of thought, opinion and background.. We are taking action to make the changes we want to see. Our senior team have been involved in organisations specifically to improve diversity, whether as the founding Chairman of the Women in Communications Career Network or as CEO of the national Skills Federation.
We know that candidates re often put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that we work in a post COVID-19 reality and ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable. While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to consider flexible options. So if you are excited about being our go-to media lead and you believe that you can do much of what we are looking for … why not have a go?
How to apply
Please send your CV and a succinct cover note explaining why you are interested to email@example.com . We will be first interviewing the week com 12 July, so please apply sooner rather than later.